For over 30 years, Lewis Kappes has developed close and trusted client relationships by providing quality legal representation in a variety of practice areas. Headquartered in downtown Indianapolis on the 25th floor of One America Tower, Lewis Kappes is in the heart of the business district and adjacent to federal and state courts. With a second office in Merrillville and attorneys licensed in multiple states, Lewis Kappes offers the depth and experience you would expect from a large law firm, with the responsiveness and attention you would receive from a smaller firm.
Lewis Kappes provides advocacy, planning, transactional and compliance advice, and representation in a wide range of practice areas. Our attorneys represent clients in all forums including state and federal administrative proceedings, state courts, federal district courts, and federal and state appellate courts. Several Lewis Kappes attorneys are mediators, arbitrators, and represent clients in alternative dispute resolution processes.
All attorneys at Lewis Kappes are encouraged to provide at least 50 hours of pro bono services per year, but frequently exceed this goal through a variety of projects and services for members of our community. The firm also seeks out projects that have a significant impact on the less fortunate through class action litigation, civil rights claims, and servicing amicus in appellate proceedings.
Law Firm Alliance (“LFA”)
Lewis Kappes is a member of “Law Firm Alliance,” a network of more than 50 law firms around the world. This Alliance enables our firm to serve clients throughout the United States and other countries across the globe. For information about the Law Firm Alliance, see www.lawfirmalliance.org.
Honors and Awards
Lewis Kappes attorneys have received numerous awards including:
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Indiana Super Lawyers
- Indiana Trial Lawyer of the Year Award
- Indiana Rising Star
- Indiana State Bar Association Leadership Development Academy
- Indianapolis Bar Association Bar Leader Series
- Indianapolis Bar Association Distinguished Fellow
- Latino America Who’s Who Award
- Leadership Northwest Indiana
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Stanley K. Lacey (SKL) Executive Leadership Series
- The Indiana Lawyer Leadership in Law Up and Coming Lawyer
- The Indianapolis Business Journal Forty under 40 Award
Commitment to Community
The attorneys of Lewis Kappes have served on the governing boards of some of the most valued charitable and philanthropic organizations in the community, such as Butler University, the Children’s Museum, Alzheimer's Association, and the Scottish Rite Children’s Learning Center.
Attorneys and staff volunteer for a multitude of organizations such as:
- Reach for Youth
- Child Advocates
- Ronald McDonald House of Indiana
- Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
- Enis Furley Foundation, Inc.
- Duneland Education Foundation
- Scottish Rite Children’s Learning Center
- AILA Military Assistance Program
- IndyBar Legal Ask-A-Lawyer
- Legal Aid Society
- Access to Justice: Talk to a Lawyer Program
- Indianapolis Reentry Fair
- ABA Pathways to the Profession Program
- Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana Expungement Clinic
Lewis Kappes attorneys actively participate in and contribute to bar organizations; several attorneys are Master Fellows of Indianapolis and Indiana Bar Associations, and many have had leadership positions in bar association programs.