Our Legal Team
Kevin A. Morrissey
Lewis & Kappes provides strategic advice, consultation and representation in a wide variety of substantive areas for foreign clients. The firm represents foreign clients in intellectual property matters including licensing, distribution agreements and litigation, patent infringements, internet litigation, and other forms of business litigation as well as commercial arbitration.
- Litigation protecting rights of designers of motor racing equipment against infringement by foreign companies
- All aspects of U.S. and foreign immigration compliance
- General counsel and advice for business from Japan, Korea, Mexico, Canada, Germany, Italy, England, Venezuela and others
- Enforcement of distribution contracts against U.S. distributors on behalf of companies from Netherlands, Denmark, Finland and others
- Litigation over web development by a Finnish digital advertising company
- General counsel to the Consulate of Mexico in Indianapolis (Relationes Exteriores)
- Advice relating to compliance with international tax treaties
- Advice relating to repatriation of funds and tax amnesty under U.S. income tax laws
- Entity formation and investment by foreign individuals and business entities
- Joint venture agreements between foreign and U.S. companies
Lewis & Kappes staff and attorney language skills include Danish, French, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Portuguese.