Our Legal Team
Indianapolis Business Immigration Lawyers
Attorneys and staff at Lewis & Kappes have extensive experience in immigration and in the provision of other services to foreign nationals. Directors Steven L. Tuchman and Thomas R. Ruge each have over 25 years of experience practicing in the field. Lewis & Kappes attorneys have the background, experience and training to advise foreign nationals on all aspects of the American legal system.
Lewis & Kappes attorneys have been active in leadership positions in the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the Indianapolis Committee on Foreign Relations, have lectured and published articles on immigration and nationality law, and have served as Adjunct Professor on immigration law at Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis.
Lewis & Kappes attorneys handle thousands of immigration cases and have extensive experience in various types of immigration-related matters, including:
How to respond to Social Security "No-Match" letters and other immigration compliance issues are explained in detail in Immigration Compliance for Employers by Thomas R. Ruge.
- Professionals in specialty occupations (H-1B visas)
- Temporary, seasonal or other workers (H-2 visas)
- Employment-based permanent immigration.
- Visas for intra-company transferees. (L-1 visas): transferring workers (managers and those of specialized knowledge) to a U.S. division of an international firm.
- Visas for Canadian and Mexican Professionals. (TN visas)
- Visas for professional athletes and entertainers (O and P visas)
- Visas for physicians and other health care workers.
- Visas for persons of extraordinary ability and outstanding professors and researchers.
- Many other work visas.
- Advice regarding employer responsibilities under the immigration laws.
Contact our knowledgeable staff of immigration attorneys to ask questions that are on your mind. Call 317-639-1210 or email to learn more.
- Family-based permanent immigration.
- Adoptions for foreign nationals and international adoptions for U.S. citizens.
- Fiancé visas
- Other family immigration needs.
Serving More Specific Needs of Foreign Nationals:
- Asylum for people who cannot return home because of turmoil in their country.
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS).
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) self-petitions for victims of domestic violence.
- People with problems that need to be addressed because of an adverse impact on eligibility for a visa, such as past criminal convictions, testing positive for tuberculosis or HIV, past problems with immigration including previous deportations, other (Waivers of Inadmissibility/Excludability).
- People with legal issues in other areas that may be affected by their immigration status, such as starting a new business (corporations, LLCs, etc.).
- Citizenship and naturalization for prospective U.S. citizens.
- Student visas for students of U.S. universities.
- Consular processing at U.S. Embassies in foreign countries.
- Religious worker visas.
- Family law issues, such as dissolution of marriage and international adoption.
- Estate planning issues.
- Labor law including charges of discrimination, collective bargaining issues, etc.
- Impact on immigration status because of criminal cases.
- Child abductions.
The immigration lawyers of Lewis & Kappes are well-known across Indiana for providing top-quality immigration assistance. Lewis & Kappes immigration attorneys are members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. To speak with one of our attorneys, please visit our contact page or click on the e-mail of the attorneys and paralegals listed on this page. We assist the people and businesses of the Indianapolis, Indiana area, as well as Bloomington, South Bend, Fort Wayne, Lafayette, Gary and Evansville.
Her tales dansk.