Our Legal Team
Kevin A. Morrissey
Indianapolis Family Law Attorneys
Lewis & Kappes represents both male and female clients in family law and domestic relations matters. We offer extensive experience in this area of the law, and are sensitive to the special needs and interests raised by legal proceedings concerned with family relationships and changes in life circumstances. Services that we provide include:
- Pre-separation planning and legal separations
- Dissolution of marriage and pre-dissolution planning
- Child support and custody modifications, including college expense issues
- Enforcement of unpaid child support and property settlement obligations
- Child abuse and neglect proceedings (CHINS actions)
- Juvenile court matters such as delinquency and paternity
- Pre-marital and cohabitation contracts
- Negotiation, mediation and litigation in trial courts and on appeal
In contrast to a stereotypical family law practice, Lewis & Kappes maintains respect for the dignity of clients and their families, and treats each case individually. We employ a team approach by which at least two attorneys are familiar with each case in order to facilitate access and quick responses to emergency situations, and we regularly work with experts such as psychologists, accountants, appraisers and private investigators to implement multi-faceted solutions.
We strive to be responsive and accessible, return calls promptly, listen to client needs and concerns and keep clients fully informed and actively involved in decision-making. While we endeavor to resolve disputes out of court, Lewis & Kappes will vigorously represent clients in trials and other court proceedings.
Lewis & Kappes is prepared to assist clients in understanding the amendments to the Indiana Parenting Time Guidelines.
Contact us to learn how we can assist you. Our attorneys represent clients in the Indianapolis, Indiana area, as well as Bloomington, South Bend, Fort Wayne, Lafayette, Gary, and Evansville.