Our Legal Team
Kevin A. Morrissey
Tabitha L. Balzer
Indianapolis Civil Litigation Lawyers
Serving small business owners, corporations, and consumers
At Lewis & Kappes, our trial attorneys work together to present the best possible case for clients in commercial disputes, breach of contract disputes, intellectual property claims, class action lawsuits, and conflicts with local governments. We represent local, national and multi-national corporations with business interests in Indiana, local governments, and individuals.
Our Indianapolis law firm provides a strong voice for businesses, employees, and consumers. When you need effective representation in an Indiana legal dispute, contact an Indiana civil litigation lawyer at Lewis & Kappes.
Experience and Results
We have secured successful verdicts and settlements for clients in cases ranging from routine contract disputes to complex litigation. Not only will we bring your initial case to trial; we also handle civil appeals in both state and federal court.
Our Indiana civil litigation lawyers handle legal disputes involving:
- Class Action Lawsuits representing consumers or a "class" of people, or representing the defendant company in complex, nationwide litigation
- Shareholder Disputes among business partners, medical practice group members, and investors
- Patent Infringement and other intellectual property disputes and violations, including trademark and copyright disputes
- Non-compete Agreements, trade secret violations and other employment contracts, representing employers and employees
- Water and Sewer Litigation representing municipalities, utility companies, and private companies
This is a relatively new area of law and Lewis & Kappes is leading the way in advising clients on strategies to minimize or avoid reputation management problems online, as well as with Internet litigation involving:
- Takedown disputes (getting content removed from Web sites, including sites such as YouTube)
- Domain name disputes
- Trademark and copyright disputes over material on the Web
- Defamation, libel, slander, business disparagement and privacy/publicity claims
Reputation management is a significant area for many individuals and companies. If you find yourself on the wrong side of technologically adept and unhappy customer or adversary, your business or personal life could face serious problems. It is extremely difficult to get content removed from a Web site but interactive sites do have terms and conditions, rules and laws under which they operate (such as the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)). There are mechanisms that can be used to provide force to a takedown notice.
Lewis & Kappes Stands Apart
Our litigation practice uses state of the art information systems that allow access to all relevant filings, documents, and testimony pertaining to your case with the click of a button. Our investment in technology enhances our ability to present your case to a judge or a jury and to respond to each move the opposition makes.
For effective representation in a civil law dispute, contact our Indianapolis trial lawyers. We represent businesses, local governments, and individuals throughout Indiana, including Indianapolis, Bloomington, South Bend, Fort Wayne, Lafayette, Gary, and Evansville.